Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Should I or Shouldn't I???

Avon offers a website to reps through Avon, of course. You are not allowed to create a website on your own to sell Avon products. I keep going back and forth as to whether or not I should sign up to have one. There is a pretty significant cost per campaign to have the website. A campaign lasts 2 weeks, so the cost is basically doubled for a month period. Since the fee is not cheap, I keep thinking I should wait until I get a bigger customer base and more steady orders.

At the same time, I keep thinking if I had a website I could market it more and get more customers. Kind of along the lines of "If you build it they will come." Then again, building things takes money. And here were are back at square one trying to decide what to do!

Another plus to having a website is a farther reaching customer base. If I have a website, customers can sign up for direct delivery. They would still have me as a rep for personal service when wanted and needed, but they could have their products shipped to their door at their convenience. This would help me to reach potential out of town customers as well. They will be able to shop and buy online. Otherwise I have to get a book to them and then ship the products myself once they come in.

Customers in my area could choose to have their products Direct Delivered or Rep Delivered. If they choose Rep Delivery they would put their order in online, but I would still receive the product in the normal way and hand deliver it to my customers. Thus they would have the freedom/flexibility to shop online when and where they want, but they would still get the personal service and great customer service that I offer to all my customers.

Guess its time to really put that thinking cap on and decide!!

0 comments: